Isolation is giving me a lot of time to discover amazing new recipes to make. This recipe was adapted by my friend @atxrecipes (theirs is a blueberry cream cheese bread). They have a million great recipes on their Instagram that I highly recommend.
- 2 c and 2 tbs flour (I used whole wheat)
- 2 1/2 c strawberries, chopped
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 c fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a bread pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, eggs, and vanilla – mix until well-incorporated.
- in a small bowl, mix 2 tbs flour with cut up strawberries – each strawberry piece should be coated with flour.
- Mix dry ingredients and slowly add in to the butter mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick/knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let rest and cool completely before removing from pan.