Ah, Sangria. What was once a summer refresher is now my excuse to drink a fruit concoction year round without judgment. Once the world figured out that anything with wine, juice, fruit, and liquor was sangria, we went wild.
This is a really sweet drink and also a really strong drink. For those of you with a sweet tooth, beware, for those of you without, this will help you pace yourself. A word to the wise, let the apples soak overnight. The boozier the fruit, the more you will inevitably enjoy whatever family holiday you are stuck at.
Cinnamon Apple Sangria
- 3 large apples, cubed
- 1/3 c Fireball whiskey
- 1 bottle pinot grigio
- 3-4 cups fresh apple cider (per preferred taste)
- 1 bottle prosecco/champagne
- Soak the apples in the whiskey overnight, just do it.
- In large pitcher, pour whiskey (and apples), add wine and apple cider. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Fill each glass half way with cider mixture and fill the rest of the way with bubbles. Be sure to scoop some apples into each glass. Add a cinnamon stick garnish for stirring, if desired.
- Enjoy (responsibly)!