I’m starting to realize this might be my very first savory recipe on here, and what a first it is. Its getting cold in Boston, too cold for fall, and so naturally its time to break out the crock pot. This recipe can cook all day, or in as little as 4 hours – either way, it comes out delicious. I made a big pot for Marissa and I and it will last both of us over a week of lunches, which as hard working young professionals, we love.
Please note – I don’t believe in substituting deliciousness to make things healthier. This recipe is NOT healthy. If you choose to lighten it up, be my guest, but I promise, if you let yourself cheat, this will make your cheat day.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1 1/2 lbs raw boneless,skinless chicken
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can chicken broth (or 15 oz.)
- 1 small can chopped green chiles
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 2 cans white beans, drained
- 1 package cream cheese
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 tsp pepper (white)
- 1/2 tsp seasoningsalt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Put chicken on the bottom of your Crockpot, and add spices, broth, green chiles, corn, onions, poblano pepper, and beans. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Around Hour 5 (low) or Hour 3 (high): In a saucepan, melt butter, add in the flour and allow to bubble. Slowly whisk in the milk until thick paste forms. Add seasoning salt and white pepper. Pour paste into Crockpot and mix to combine, add cream cheese and sour cream.Take out large pieces of chicken, shred, and return to Crockpot.
- The longer it cooks, the better it tastes. Serve with cheese, if needed, and enjoy!