- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- ½ c. butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 stick cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/4 cup caramel (save additional for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. In your mixer bowl, beat the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter together until fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until well incorporated. Add the dry mixture in small batches, being sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way and bake for 24-26 minutes or until the tops have set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Beat butter and shortening until smooth and add cream cheese. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, consistency will be dry. Mix until well blended and add the caramel sauce slowly.