Breakfast is the best meal of the day. Don’t fight with me, you know its true. I struggle with eating way too much bread at breakfast, so I’ve been playing around with various ways I can have all my favorite flavors without wasting stomach space on grain.
The avocado egg bake is born. This can easily be topped with all your favorite toppings, but I will suggest you try mine first. I am slowly being more and more addicted to avocado as a breakfast staple, and this is no exception.
Spicy Avocado Egg Bake (makes 2)
- 1 large avocado, split in half and seed removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c white cheddar, shredded
- 3-4 strips bacon, crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare a baking sheet with foil.
- Using a spoon, scrape out a little additional avocado from the hole already created by the pit being removed. Don’t get rid of too much! Just enough where your egg will fit without spilling way over.
- Lay the two halves of the avocado skin down on the pan. If your avocados do not stay up on their own, you can place them in oven-safe ramekins on the baking sheet as well.
- Crack one egg into each half. Some egg white may remain outside of the hole, which is fine, but you do not want egg spilling over the sides.
- Crumble bacon over raw egg, sprinkle shredded white cheddar.
- Put in oven for about 8-10 minutes or until egg white is opaque and cheese is melted and browned. Remove from oven and drizzle sriracha on top.
- Eat out of the avocado skin with a spoon, and enjoy!